Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Unsubstantial Love Life

Sooo, I have relationship issues. A little background on my love life?

I've only truly been in love twice. I've said it before and THOUGHT that I meant it. Buuuuut, I didn't. 

Truly in love number 1? My boyfriend in high school. He was the first person I ever loved. He is my first for everything. We dated for three and a half years. Still my longest relationship to date. We still talk almost daily, we still say we love each other. Sometimes, I think I might actually still be IN love with him. Sometimes I think that only reason for that possibility is because he's been Afghanistan for the past year and a half. Why did we break up? No reason in particular... I think I just got bored... We grew apart I guess. Well... more like I grew apart. 

Truly in love number 2? My boyfriend from my sophomore year in college. Oh Ron... that's what I'm calling him... that's not REALLY his name. Anyway, Ron and I were crazy in love. Let's just say the break up was pretty gross. He was planning on proposing. See, the thing is, I let him get away. I fell out of love. Not because he did anything wrong, he was perfect. It just didn't work. We've been broken up for over a year. The thing is, he lives with my roommate and best friends boyfriend. Soooo, I still see him all the time. Oh! Not only THAT, he joined that dance group that I am involved in AFTER we broke. Say what?! Who does that? Ron, that's who. Anyway... point is, we've been slowly becoming friends again. And slowly I've been feeling as though I love him again. Well, at least I feel as though I miss him, anyway. Sooo... when he asked me on a date. I said yes. We made plans to go out after I got off work one Saturday afternoon. Turned out, my boss needed someone to stay. Well, I called to ask Ron how he felt about it, however, I got no answer, so I left a message. Then, after closer observation I realize, oh wait. I have a voicemail. Who could that be? So I listen, and guess what?! I get backed out on. What?! Who does that? Not only over a VOICEMAIL, but while he knows I'm at work?! Oh AAANNDD the excuse? He didn't want to put himself in a friend of ours position. Our mutual friend is having a hard time at the moment. Say what?! What a copout.

Alright, so that's the background of the truly in love aspect of my life. Since the big break up a little over a year ago? I have been the ridiculously mixed up crazy girl when it comes to relationships. I somewhat saw a guy for six months after Ron. Yeah, I REFUSED to acknowledge it as dating. Still do. Anytime a relationship gets REMOTELY to the possible relationship stage, I freak out! I think I am relationship challenged. I have been scarred by the only two real relationships I have ever had. Well, the ones that meant anything anyway.

So. That's my background on THAT. We shall see how everything plays out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment